How do I create a lease agreement amendment?
In practice, general lease amendments cover situations that are not listed in the Flatio lease agreement but that you and the tenant would like to have described legally. This may include:
- Changing the rent
- Use of parking spaces and associated costs
- Legally adding the names of other people staying at the property for a defined period of time
- An earlier/later move-in date and a consequent change in the first lease amount if necessary
- Accommodation in a dwelling other than that specified in the contract
- Other non-standard situations
IMPORTANT: If you need to make any changes that deal with money, (whether it is a change in rent, different payment of liabilities/receivables or other costs), please contact us at [email protected] to get everything into the system.
You can easily create a general amendment in My Rentals.
How do I create a general lease agreement amendment?
- Select a tenant in the Tenants section of My Rentals.
- In the menu under the name, select the Agreements tab. You will see an overview of the contracts you have with the tenant.
- Click the Detail button for the lease agreement you are going to renew.
- Select Create an Amendment from the action summary that appears under the See more button.
- In the following form, fill in the Title and the text of the amendment (i.e., write what you have agreed with the tenant). An example is available below.
An amendment will be added to the basic lease agreement, which the tenant must sign online via an authorization code sent to their telephone number (as when signing or renewing the lease). We will notify you by email after the tenant has signed the amendment.
General amendment text
Not sure how to fill in the text describing your General Amendment? Examples are given below:
IMPORTANT: Enter the amendment in your own language as well as in English (if your tenant speaks a different language than you).
Change in rent
Subject: Changing the rent for a certain period
Content: Landlord and Tenant have agreed to a change of the monthly rent (i.e., rent for 30 days) for the period DD.MM.–DD.MM.YYYY, when the monthly rent (i.e., rent for 30 days) is XX XXX EUR. For this period (DD.MM.–DD.MM.YYYY, i.e., XX days), the Tenant will pay the amount XX XXX EUR.
Other persons staying at the property for a set period
Subject: Adding another person/people to the Lease Agreement No. XXXXXXXX
Content: Landlord and Tenant have agreed that the following person/people: personal data from ID card (name, surname, date of birth, ID number) may also use the Residential Premises within the given date DD.MM.–DD.MM.YYYY.
Earlier / Later date of move-in
Subject: Changing the beginning of the lease from DD.MM.YYYY to DD.MM.YYYY
Content: Landlord and Tenant have agreed that the date of the beginning of the lease in the Lease Agreement nr. XXXXXXXX will change from DD.MM.YYYY to DD.MM.YYYY.
Accommodation in another apartment
Subject: Changing of the Residential Premises stated at the Subject of Agreement No. XXXXXXXX
Content: Landlord and Tenant have agreed that Residential Premises stated at the Subject of Agreement No. XXXXXXXX will be for a certain time (i.e., DD.MM.–DD.MM.YYYY) replaced by X bedroom apartment No. X, Address, City, Postal code.